Tired of rushed evenings and drive-thru yet again? Or perhaps what you long for is a break from all those labor intensive Pinterest recipes? Maybe you’re looking for something to add to your Meatless Monday menu.
Either way, here’s a spin on an American-Italian classic with a vegan option!
I’m all for eating a total made-from-scratch meal. But to be honest, there’s some nights that I just want an idea that gets dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
And I’m guessing you might be the same too!
So, I thought I’d share what’s for dinner tonight at the Santos’ home hoping it may help you on one of those busy evenings that are sure to come!
This meal idea can be ready in a flash without sacrificing the health of your loved ones.
And it’s easy on your wallet too! Then entire meal cost less than $10.
Here are 2 option because you might just already have some ingredients on hand. You decide what suits you and your family best!
All you need is spaghetti, frozen meatless meatballs, spaghetti sauce, a little avocado or olive oil and parmesan cheese if desired.
2 Options for the Spaghetti
- Spaghetti Squash (Store-bought or previously prepared.) *For directions on how to prepare squash ahead of time in oven, see NOTE below.*
- Regular or Gluten-free Pasta (For those with gluten sensitivities [like me!])
**These directions below will be for making the meal with spaghetti squash. If you are using a different type of pasta, simply follow the directions on the box. 🙂
Pour marinara sauce and meatless meatballs into medium size skillet and set to medium-low heat. Allow the meatballs to simmer about 10 minutes or until soft, stirring a couple of times.
While the sauce is simmering, in a 2nd skillet, heat the 2 Tbsp of oil then add the squash on low to medium heat and cover to prevent drying. Stir every couple of minutes to avoid it sticking to the pan.
When everything is hot, plate it up, add some parmesan cheese if you like and enjoy!
Serve with side salad.
Semi-Homemade Spaghetti (Squash) and Meatballs Dinner
- 1 medium-large Spaghetti Squash, prepared (or pasta of choice)
- 1 pkg. Meatless meatballs
- 1 Jar of Marinara sauce
- 2 Tbsp Avocado or Olive Oil
- Parmesan cheese (Omit for Vegan, Vegetarian)
- Pour the marinara sauce and meatless meatballs into a medium-sized skillet and set to medium-low heat.
- Allow the meatballs simmer for about 10 minutes or until soft, stirring a couple of times.
- While the sauce is simmering, in a 2nd skillet, heat the 2 Tbsp of oil then add the squash on low to medium heat and cover to prevent drying. Stir every couple of mins.
- When everything is hot, plate it up, add some parmesan if you like and enjoy.
Serve with side salad.
NOTE: To cook squash, simply remove the stem and cut in half lengthwise. Lay cut side up on a baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and salt. Place in oven at 450 degrees and bake for 40-60mins until pierces easily with fork. (Time depends on how large squash is.) Allow to cool a little then scrape the inside out with a fork. Can be prepared a few days ahead of time.