As the weather warms, strawberry season starts to flourish and farmer’s markets around the country begin to open, it as if our bodies know and they start firing off signals to our brains--give me freshly-picked fruits and veggies!
Our taste buds begin to change and start to crave fresher ingredients.
So here’s a refreshing, yet filling salad that is actually my husband’s creation! Enjoy!
This salad’s great:
- As a last-minute, quick meal when having guests.
- In the winter, as a refreshing option after all the holiday meals.
- As a side salad. Use it alongside AIP Shrimp Sauté with Lemon Thyme & Leeks or Semi-Homemade Spaghetti (Squash) & “Meat”balls. Both are Gluten-Free & ready in under 20 mins!
Strawberry & Citrus Spinach Salad
- Organic Spinach & Springs Mix
- 8oz. Carton Organic Strawberries
- 3 Mandarin Oranges
- Sliced Almonds
- Chopped Pecans
- Raspberry Olive Oil Vinaigrette
- Small container of low-fat cottage cheese (preferably grass-fed)
- Feta cheese (preferably grass-fed)
Slice strawberries. Peel and section mandarins. Put 2 handfuls of spring mix on each plate, leaving space for cottage cheese in the middle. Serve a helping of cottage cheese in center. Layer with rest of ingredients. Top with sliced almonds and raspberry vinaigrette.
So, what’s your favorite strawberry recipe?
Need inspiration for a lovely summer setting to enjoy your farm fresh strawberry salad? Check out 25 Free COVID-Approved Dates for You and Your Husband, 10 Creative and Cheap Ways to Celebrate Your Anniversary This Year!
Be Kind. Be Encouraging. Be a Multiplier!
4 thoughts on “Strawberry Citrus Spinach Salad”